Want to make your online phonics lessons even more fun for kids? Check out Emily’s amazing Koala Go playgrounds to accompany the Abridge Academy phonics course – get playground 1 (lessons 1-3) and playground 2 (lessons 4-7) now or check out the details below:
What is Koala Go?
Koala Go is an awesome new online teaching platform designed specifically with virtual learning in mind. This includes:
- A collaborative whiteboard system, with the ability to directly upload worksheets, slides, PDF ebooks, etc;
- A co-browser tool, enabling your students to directly interact with the Abridge Academy slides or play online games;
- Koala Playground, a Minecraft-style virtual learning world immersing your students in learning through play.
Not a Koala Go user yet? Sign up now for a free trial and $48 off your pro subscription!
What are Koala Go Playgrounds?
The Koala Go Playground area is a fully immersive virtual learning world – kinda similar to Minecraft but with more of an education focus!
You can build incredible activities within playground, and kids love being able to run around exploring these activities – just like in a video game.
Emily’s Koala Go playgrounds are designed to accompany the Abridge Academy phonics course, with additional practice activities and a fun learning environment for young learners. Each playground covers one module of the course (2-3 lessons plus a review lesson), with the potential for hours of practice to really consolidate students’ learning.
These playgrounds include various activities, including:
- Listening to simple words to identify the sounds;
- Blending together letter sounds to sound out CVC words;
- Matching lower case and upper case letters;
- Tracing and writing the letters;
- Reviewing and acting out some of the decodable reader stories from the lesson slides;
- Flexible phonics blending boards to practice blending and segmenting sounds.
You can easily jump between the lesson slides (in the Koala co-browser) and the accompanying playground activities, thus creating a more engaging and varied lesson experience for your students.