This series of classes, aimed at upper intermediate to advanced students, aims to open students’ eyes to different perspectives and ideas while developing debating skills. Students will learn about different global challenges as well as directly working on key debating techniques.
Each class is designed to last 55 minutes and uses our interactive slide format – incorporating drag-and-drop activities, matching tasks and more.
- Designed for 55 minute lessons
- Interactive slides format
- Debating and global perspectives focus
- Suitable for teenage students with a B2-C1 English level
These lessons are still in development, with new classes added every week. They can be completed in any order, but it is recommended that they are taught in the order suggested in order to more gradually develop debating skills:
- Should vaccination be mandatory / PEE structure
- Ask students to share their opinions/ ideas at the start of the class, then see if they have changed their perspective by the end.
- Look for opportunities to link topics into current events or students’ own experiences, to make the classes even more engaging for students.
- Be aware of culturally or politically sensitive topics, which may not be suitable for all students. Additionally, some cultures may be more conservative about sharing or challenging opinions.