Are you an online teacher making that jump to independent teaching, or looking to expand your reach within China?
This online course will teach you:
- How to understand the Chinese market and parents’ expectations
- How to set your price and create a powerful value proposition
- How to promote yourself within China using tools such as WeChat, Douyin and XiaoHongShu
- How to use online teaching platforms such as ClassIn, as well as free Zoom alternatives accessible within China
- How to get paid by Chinese customers
Who am I?
My name is Katie, and I’ll be the lead tutor for this course.
For the past two years, I co-founded and have been the Education Director of an online ESL start-up based in mainland China. In this role, I have worked very closely with my Chinese colleagues, gaining a unique insight into the ESL industry in China, as well as taking responsibility for curriculum development, tutor training and recruitment.
I am a qualified teacher with experience teaching in the UK and China, as well as teaching online (both independently and with various platforms) for the past eight years. I also lived and studied in China previously and speak a high level of Mandarin.
Who else will be joining us?
I am delighted to welcome several of my colleagues and friends to share their insights and expertise with us during this course.
TESOL mentor and primary school teacher in Hangzhou, China
Former marketing and program director at a Chinese online ESL company
Chinese language and linguistics expert