SUMMER CAMP TEFL COURSE
This specialist course leads to the awarding of the following qualification:
150 hours Advanced Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) with 30 hour teaching practicum
This online course is designed to provide core training in English language teaching as well as recognising a minimum of 30 hours of classroom teaching experience, usually gained through our EduCamp program or similar summer camp teaching programs. We can also provide recommendations on organising your own TEFL teaching placement.
Often the biggest challenge of summer camp teaching, particularly for first-timers, is coming up with fun and educational activities to maximise learning in your classroom.
Your TEFL course comes with the following activity packs and guides to get you started:
Acceptance into one of the following approved partner programs:
Independent candidates may enrol if they meet all of the following. If you are unsure, please contact us before purchasing.
Specifically designed with summer camp tutors in mind, this TEFL course contains all the core advice you need to hit the ground running on day 1! We’ve kept theory to a minimum, focusing on practical, implementable tips with no unnecessary time fillers.
Lessons combine video and written content, accessible on both computer and mobile devices. The course is assessed through a combination of interactive quizzes, lesson participation and short written assignments.
- TEFL course introduction
- The diverse role of a summer camp tutor
- Finding a TEFL teaching placement
Communicative language teaching
- CLT theory and practice
- Structuring a lesson
- Using activities and games in the classroom
- Maximising English learning opportunities
- Task-based language learning
- Reflection and consolidating progress
Advanced Lesson Planning
- Differentiation and assessment for learning
- Medium term planning
- Finding and producing resources
Teaching the core language areas
- Teaching speaking, listening, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar
- Teaching creativity and culture
- Developing a confident classroom presence
- Behaviour management strategies
- Working effectively with teaching assistants
Making the most of your internship
- Finding a teaching practicum opportunity
- Top tips to make the most of your experience
- Future career opportunities